Roasted Mandarin Orange Carrots

I found a recipe for Mandarin Rainbow Roasted Carrrots Here and thought that sounded really delicious. I didn't have any rainbow carrots but I do want to try them soon but I did have some baby carrots in the fridge so I used them. DEELICIOUS!

Roasted Mandarin Orange Carrots

I am all about delicious easy food ideas and this does not get any easier. Roasting brings out the sweetness of just about any root vegetable and I just love the flavor mixed with some herbs!

Recipe for 4 servings  preheat oven to 375 degrees
1 small bag of baby carrots
3 mandarin oranges 
1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary 
salt and pepper
olive oil or coconut oil, grapeseed oil whatever your preference

Directions
place carrots on baking sheet, Peel mandarin oranges and squeeze juice of one over the carrots, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and fresh rosemary. Roast in the over for 30-35 mintues until they are fork tender and a little golden brown. I like my veggies to have a little bit of a crunch...me no like soggy vegetables. 

I think adding some sliced onion to this would be really yummy too!

Let me know if you try them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment